UK is one of the most favoured destinations for Indian students
- Posted By : Admin
UK is one of the most favoured destinations for Indian students.UK is preferred because it is home to top ranked universities, research facilities, wide range of course choices, scholarships and post study options.
UK Study visa is granted to students who are above 16 and have an offer letter from university, finances to support the course, have English proficiency and have parental permission if they are under 17.
Documents needed to apply
When a student applies for a Student visa he must provide:
· a current passport or other valid travel documentation
· a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from the course provider
Student may also need to provide:
· proof of to pay for course and additional expenses - this will vary depending on circumstances
· proof of parental or other legal guardian consent if under 18
· proof of relationship to parent or guardian if under 18
· written consent for application from the financial sponsor if a student has received sponsorship for the course fees and living costs in the last 12 months
A student may need to provide additional documents depending on circumstances.
Fee: The fee for UK student visa is 363 pounds. If a student is applying from outside UK, a additional health surcharge is to be paid. The fee is to be paid online by master card or visa card. One can check the fee on UK visa website on time to time.
Once application is sent the decision is taken in 3 weeks.
- The student will be contacted if the application is complex and will take longer, for example because:
- Supporting documents need to be verified
- Need to attend an interview
- Personal circumstances (for example if the student has a criminal conviction.
If a student needs to change something in the application after it is submitted contact UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).
A student can withdraw the application
by contacting UKVI. The fee will only be refunded if UKVI has not started processing the application.
Reasons for Rejection:
- Insufficient Funds
- Academic s not fulfilling the requirements
- Inaccurate Information
- Criminal History
- Failure in Visa Interview
- Documentation Error
- Low English Language Proficiency
- Gap years
There is no limit to apply if the visa gets rejected once but it is not a good idea to apply numerous times. The student can check the reason for visa rejection and rectify the same and reapply. The student can apply for reconsideration in certain cases.
How long you can stay
How long a student can stay depends on the length of their course and what study they have already completed in the UK.
If the student is 18 or over and the course is at degree level, he can usually stay in the UK for up to 5 years. If it’s below degree level, he can usually stay in the UK for up to 2 years.
It is important to get all documentation right and apply for visa so that there are no chances of rejection, and a student can successfully embark on the study abroad journey.
Note: We recomond to check the UK Visa website on regular basis when you apply for visa for updated informations.